I reckon I am the first one here...shubh kaam mein deri kyo?
You guys probably are familiar with the term FOSLA, arguably coined in 1999 when I was studying in Chennai. For those ill-informed...this stands for the elite, the untouchable...the one and only "Frustrated One Sided Lovers Association".
think about it and wonder...you graduate from an Inflated ego into a FOSL, what on earth could be a better upgrade?
Yeah so I met a fellow FOSL yesterday after 9 long years....He still lives the same dream!! Talks about the same woman (not) in his life...very touching! The only one amongst the five of us...and he is now the torch bearer. (The emperor finally got married Feb 2002 after doing plenty of justice to his name...although between you and me, he stays a closet FOSLA, aah maybe we all are...doesn't matter)
Torchbearer Lathish has been out of the country since 2000, romanced quite a few countries...and has been in Indonesia for the better part of 5 years. Also in the darzi trade..
Before I go any further....my latest obsession ( well for the most part of this year) happens to be hi-end audio, and mind you very hi-end. And as probably most of you know, I usually realize my obsessions...and this latest one is surely going to burn a hole in my pocket. Well not just the pocket! When you crave for something thats costs you close to Rs 5 lac...you know what I mean.
First thought..a-la "Inside Man"....ROB A BANK!!!, too many variables though...Diwali Bonus...not happening! and so and so forth I have been contemplating methods to rake up the moolah. I have set myself a deadline...May 2010, I shall own my "rock concert at home"
Then Comrade Lathish came along...talked about this and that..marriage apparently is not very far away, the good old days etc...and then the conversation settled on a wonderful land called Indonesia. Gotto give it to the guy... for someone in the production field, awesome sales pitch. Got Liza interested as well...and then got me engaged into this super feisty discussion. ranged from work-life balance, personality traits, deep sea diving, light drizzles...the good life etc etc. A very engaging conversation ! And I think I am, after all these years, atleast inclined to explore that side of possibilities.. which otherwise would be casually shrugged off without any respect or remorse.
Set the ball rolling today morning...
Lets see how goes...I shall keep you posted.
Andu
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting Andu - Indonesia - would be a good place to explore for sure if its similar to Malaysia (thats all that I've seen).
ReplyDeleteGood that you've kicked off the blogging!